[uclibc-ng-devel] uClibc-ng 1.0.31 allowed ARM/FDPIC

Christophe Lyon christophe.lyon at linaro.org
Wed Feb 20 10:17:07 CET 2019

On Wed, 20 Feb 2019 at 09:20, Alexey Neyman <stilor at att.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that uClibc-ng now allows the FDPIC ELF for ARM: one of the
> crosstool-NG samples that configures a toolchain for ARM with no MMU now
> defaults to FDPIC rather than flat format. The problem is, though, it
> then fails - because GCC complains that:
>
> armv6-nommu-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc: error: unrecognized command line
> option '-mfdpic'; did you mean '-fpic'?
>
> I'll fix the default in crosstool-NG, but what intrigues me is that the
> -mfdpic option isn't listed in GCC manual as one of the supported
> options for ARM (it is only listed in FRV's options). How is this
> configuration built?

Hi,

This configuration is not supported yet by upstream GCC.
I've sent several versions of the patch series, but since GCC entered
stage4 (code freeze before release) a few weeks ago, its inclusion
is going to be delayed.

The last version of the GCC patches is:
https://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2018-11/msg01464.html

Christophe