[uclibc-ng-devel] uClibc-ng 1.0.31 allowed ARM/FDPIC

Alexey Neyman stilor at att.net
Wed Feb 20 09:20:03 CET 2019

Hi,

I've noticed that uClibc-ng now allows the FDPIC ELF for ARM: one of the
crosstool-NG samples that configures a toolchain for ARM with no MMU now
defaults to FDPIC rather than flat format. The problem is, though, it
then fails - because GCC complains that:

armv6-nommu-linux-uclibcgnueabi-gcc: error: unrecognized command line
option '-mfdpic'; did you mean '-fpic'?

I'll fix the default in crosstool-NG, but what intrigues me is that the
-mfdpic option isn't listed in GCC manual as one of the supported
options for ARM (it is only listed in FRV's options). How is this
configuration built?

Regards,
Alexey.