[uclibc-ng-devel] RFC PATCH

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at uclibc-ng.org
Mon Sep 19 14:41:49 CEST 2016

Hi,

I would like to suggest following patch to have a single libc
library. This would solve a lot of problems in buildroot and other
buildsystems.

I would love to make a release at the end of this month.

What do you think about it?

For buildroot people, here is a patch for testing:
http://debug.openadk.org/buildroot/0001-experimental-uClibc-ng-patches.patch

This will solve a lot of old autobuild failures, f.e. the libarchive
static stuff.

I worked for many hours on this, so don't be too harsh with your
feedback ;)

Thanks in advance!
 Waldemar

P.s.: I know it is a big patch, but I see no good chances to split
it in pieces.