[uclibc-ng-devel] memmove() is failing on MIPS CPU

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at uclibc-ng.org
Tue Apr 26 08:47:39 CEST 2016

Hi Rene,
Rene Nielsen wrote,

> Thanks for your swift reply, Waldemar!
>
> We're using a flavor of MIPS32r2 called MIPS 24KEc. It's running little-endian with soft-floats, kernel version 3.14.
>
> I have attached a tiny program (test.c) that fails (see fail.txt) on uClibc v. 1.0.12 without the patch I attached to my previous post.
>
> Reverting to v. 1.0.9 also solves the problem!

It is okay to apply your test with following header:
# Copyright (C) 2016 Rene Nielsen <rene.nielsen at microsemi.com>
# Licensed under the LGPL v2.1, see the file COPYING.LIB in this
# tarball.

I couldn't reproduce the failure, yet. Tried mips32 little endian
with soft-float and MIPS32r2 in Qemu. binutils 2.25.1/gcc 5.3.0
and Linux Kernel 4.4.6.

Which binutils/gcc version are you using? Do you remove the FPU
emulation from the kernel?

I will try with older Kernels next as I am still unsure how to
reproduce the failure.

best regards
 Waldemar