[uclibc-ng-devel] enabling sigsetmask() support

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at uclibc-ng.org
Wed Sep 16 21:37:30 CEST 2015

Hi Alex,
Alex Potapenko wrote,

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to compile a sourcecode that makes use of sigsetmask() function
> against uClibc-ng 1.0.6. This symbol is missing from uClibc-ng built with
> default Buildroot 2015.08 config. Which option should be enabled to have it?
>
> I only found two signal options in the config: UCLIBC_HAS_OBSOLETE_BSD_SIGNAL
> and UCLIBC_HAS_OBSOLETE_SYSV_SIGNAL. The former was enabled by default, the
> latter was off, but turning it on doesn't help too.
>
> I see that sigsetmask() is just a wrapper around sigset_set_old_mask,
> sigprocmask and sigset_get_old_mask, but I don't want to resort to patching the
> user app sourcecode if possible.

Hmm, that is bad.
They got disabled here in 2012:
http://git.uclibc.org/uClibc/commit/?id=5aa7aa7fa7ec2a0fe567ac0b2595b46add6f3594
And they are only internally used by the included RPC
implementation.

What user app is using the old BSD signal functions?
Musl does not implement them, GNU libc only has stubs.

best regards
 Waldemar